Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


Release Day: January 25th, 2011
---
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
---
Pages: 358pgs
---
The Story
---
My name is Meghan Chase.
---
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I love, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
---
This time, there will be no turning back.
---
The Review
---
If you haven't read this series yet, please do! It's one of the best faerie YA series out there in the book world and Kagawa's writing is just so awesomely-written! THE IRON QUEEN is probably my favourite out of the three books!
---
I think one of my favourite parts of this novel is seeing the characters develop into something more than the previous books and THE IRON QUEEN is the perfect example of that. In this installment, we get to see Meghan Chase grow from an insecure teenager into a strong-willed, and such a courageous young woman, then we see also get to see Ash becoming far more than the ice, cold-hearted man he used to be, and he reveals a beautiful side of himself, and of course . . . my favourite character of all, Puck, whom despite his mischievous side, he too can be serious with any situation thrown at him. *whispers* I can definitely see the appeal with Ash . . . though I'll always be a Puck gal!
---
Within a few pages, I was completely enthralled by the continuing story of Meghan Chase and I didn't want to leave because everything in Julie Kagawa's books are easy to read and her worlds are so imaginative! Although I'm not exactly allowed to reveal spoilers (cause you guys will go crazy over that), but I will say that the ending is one that keeps you on your toes!
---
Overall, THE IRON QUEEN is a delightful read and is yet another perfect book to add to the author's writing career! You have great characters, riveting action sequences and enough surprises and twists to keep you there til the very last page! Truthfully, I loved every moment of it! And for those sad to see the series end, be on the look out for Ash's story called THE IRON KNIGHT which is due out sometime this year!
---
The Rating


5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...