Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Hidden by Jessica Verday

Release Date: 1st September, 2011

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Books

Pages: 304pgs

The Story

In this, the long-awaited conclusion to the saga of Abbey and Caspian, readers finally learn the truth about Kristen's death, the dark destiny that links Abbey to Caspian and the hard choices that Abbey must make if she is to accept Caspian's love and their unexpected fate.

The Review

THE HIDDEN is the final book in The Hollow trilogy and I'm going to be honest with you here, I still have no idea how to describe this book to you without falling over and laughing myself silly. It was so . . . insane! Insanely romantic and insanely awesome at the same time! I'm truly speechless on how Jessica Verday ended this beloved series of mine and every time I think about how it ended, I just have this big smile plastered onto my face. In the third installment, it has everything a girl could ask for: high-running emotions, heart-breaking and tear-jerking moments, and it wouldn't be a Hollow book without some hot Caspian-loving!

For those who haven't read this series yet (which I hope most of you have), here's the main gist of the plot. The trilogy is basically about a girl named Abbey who falls madly in love with the handsome ghost, Caspian. And well, while this may seem like impossible love . . . but it just happens. As so does the trouble that comes along with loving a ghost. Now for this book I won't spoil anything considering some of my readers may not have read this series . . . so I'll just talk about the ending. It was a perfect ending! Seriously, I've been finishing a couple of book series lately but I haven't come across an ending like this one here in THE HIDDEN and it's also a plus plus when the author writes a very romantic and sentimental ending . . . one that makes you cry and laugh and sigh and smile and cry all over again.

Like I said before, I won't try to spoil it for you guys. But just getting down to the point . . . it was just super AWESOME! For THE HIDDEN, readers will have Abbey and Caspian back, both so deeply romantic and better than ever, and you can definitely expect some amazing twist and turns in this installment - ones you least expect to happen. Now if you haven't yet read this series, then please DO because you don't know what you're missing out on! With lot's of romance, action, adventure, mystery and some very intriguing characters in the mix, THE HIDDEN will please and excite readers all over again in this final conclusion!

The Rating

5/5 stars

7 comments:

  1. LOL okay, so from your first sentence I totally thought you were going to mock it or something and then you go on to say how amazing it is haha <3 The whole trilogy sounds so, so good and what a great ending! I've had a copy of The Hollow for AGES. Unread. Why is it unread, Erin? Why haven't you FORCED it under my nose yet? Must. Read. Soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keeping the suspense Brodie! Had to trick your young minds. hehe. You have to read it . . . you just have to! *forces invisible book under your nose* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Hollow on my tbr list. I think I need to pick it up soon. I love the cover of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O. This series is finished already?! Ahh I still haven't read the first one! I don't even have a copy, I seriously need to do something about thar :P. Glad you enjoyed the ending, and the series as a whole! And I have to say, Caspian is such an awesome name... Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see these books all the time. I had no idea they were all about to be out. Well, that meand now i can read them without haveing to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer: Definitely read the book soon.

    Liz: Yup this is the last one. You have to read the first book it's well worth it. The ending was a bit teary but so awesome at the same time. I agree - love the name Caspian.

    Kat: Be sure to pick up a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you loved this book. I can't believe it finally ended. I just love the ending and Caspain too!!! I also get teary during the end.

    PS: A New Follower. I'm also an Aussie bookblogger! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...