Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Metro Winds by Isobelle Carmody

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Allen & Unwin

Pages: 400pgs

The Story

An engrossing collection of stories from one of Australia's most loved fantasy writers, and creator of the acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles.

A girl is sent across the world to discover her destiny in the dark tunnels of the Metro. Another seeks a lost sister in a park where winter lasts forever. A young man fulfils a dying wish. A mother works magic to summon a true princess for her son. A man seeks an ending to his story. An old man goes in search of his shadow.

This is a world of desire and transformation, the real and the not real, from the queen of modern fantasy.

The Review

A big thanks to Allen & Unwin for sending me a review copy of this book!

I've always been a big fan of Isobelle Carmody and when I received this book in the mail I was really eager to start reading it. Not only are Isobelle Carmody's short collection of stories flawlessly written and engrossing to say the very least, but there's just so much to love about her in her own storytelling - whether it's her longer stories or her shorter ones! She's such a great author and it was a pleasure to read her new book!

Without revealing a terrible lot about the short stories, I can definitely say that each one of their own is just as perfect and captivating as the next one you read, and I don't know how the author manages to write fantastic short stories! With stories about a girl who is sent across the world to discover her destiny in the dark tunnels of the Metro, with another seeking a lost sister in a park where winter lasts forever, with a young man fulfilling a dying wish, with a mother working with magic to summon a true princess for her son, with a man seeking an ending to his own story, and with an old man in search of his own shadow . . . there's so many great stories in this book alone and I'm sure many of you who are reading this review right now are already intrigued by these tales and trust me you won't be disppointed!

Overall, METRO WINDS is a fantastic book to add to your collection and will definitely be appealing to Isobelle Carmody fans out there or even her new readers! If you haven't read anything by this particular author, then I highly recommend you start reading something of hers very soon! She's a true gem in Austrailan literature! A true gem!

The Rating 4/5 stars

4 comments:

  1. As usual, I know nothing about a famous Australian author. It's sad how little attention must Australian authors get in the US. What is the Obernewtyn Chronicles about? I think I've heard of it but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a lot of people haven't heard of her either. It's quite sad actually . . . she's a great author. As for her Obernewtyn Chronicles series it's rather hard to explain, but definitely check it out on goodreads for a better explanation. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I swear I saw this the other day in stores... I know it was Isobelle Carmody and I'm CERTAIN it was the same cover. I should have grabbed it! No, wait. It's your fault. You should have posted your review a couple days earlier. How dare you not predict my shopping habits, Erin? :P

    I haven't read anything by Isobelle yet, but I hear SUCH brilliant things about her work and given the fact that she's Australian, I sort of feel obliged to check her out. Metro Winds sounds like a FANTASTIC place to start sampling her writing. Awesome review - thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isobelle Carmody, one of Australia’s best literary fantasy writers, is in top form with her six short stories in Metro Winds…The stories cover journeys and personal transformation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...