Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel by Melissa de la Cruz

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Hyperion

Pages: 112pgs

The Story

For this elite group of teenagers, New York is all about parties, fashion . . . AND BLOOD.

Schuyler Van Alen is a loner, and happy that way. But when she turns fifteen, her life dramatically changes. A mosaic of blue veins appears on her arms, and she begins to have memories of another time and place. When a classmate is found dead at a night club, the mystery deepens. Most surprising of all, Jack Force, the hottest boy in school, starts showing a sudden interest in her.


Schuyler wants answers, but is she prepared to learn the truth . . . especially when she discovers her part in it?


The sexy and secretive world of the Blue Bloods comes to life in this stunning graphic novel adaptation of Book One in Melissa de la Cruz's internationally best-selling series.

The Review

With the final book in the Blue Bloods series, Gates of Paradise, being released earlier this year, it's just really nice to have to have a graphic novel adaptation to bring back the love I have for this series and have me looking forward to yet another great addition to Melissa de la Cruz's much beloved vampire world. So when it comes to this new graphic novel it sure doesn't disappoint its readers and certainly NOT me because this new graphic novel reminded me of all the good times I had with this series and where this love of mine had all started from . . . it was really a great treat indeed especially for a super fan like me!

While some sections of the first book - which this graphic novel is adapted from - were cut out for obvious reasons as a graphic novel can't fit in every single scene, but I still enjoyed this graphic novel on a whole. Not only was the original character dialogue (well most of it) kept for this graphic novel rather than the narration part, but it also contained much of the original storyline too, featuring some really memorable scenes and some of my favourite characters too, which was great . . . even for a graphic novel of a much smaller form.

But what I loved most of all and where all of my high praises go straight towards is the artwork alone. Even with characters having similarities to Bratz dolls but I didn't care . . . it was beautifully drawn regardless and so were the backgrounds and the character emotions. Beautiful. Crazy beautiful. Now for some readers of the original series, the characters may not be the ones inside of your head (we can all argue here because we all see our characters differently), but for me most of the characters - especially the main ones - were EXACTLY how I imagined them as weird as it is, so I was very pleased on that part. So yay for that!

Overall, this was a fantastic graphic novel and really lived up to my high expectations. While I loved this book but I firmly believe this graphic novel will only appeal to those fans and readers of the Blue Bloods series or perhaps, if you're looking for something really beautiful, new and interesting to read, may help push new readers to start reading this wonderful vampire series!

The Rating
5/5 stars

8 comments:

  1. I read the first 2/3 books in this series and enjoyed them, but then for some reason I never picked up the rest. Will definitely need to do that. Glad you enjoyed the graphic novel, I've never picked one up before. I certainty want to, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I love this series! Graphic novels aren't for everyone but I just LOVE them to bits!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if this will be available in Australia. I want it. This is one of my fav YA series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm I'm sure it will come out sometime this year as the bookstores in Australia did get the Vampire Academy graphic novels.

      Delete
  3. I love Graphic Novels!!! I didn't know this one was out... I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm a big fan of graphic novels. Especially ones that are of book adaptations.

      Thanks Ange.

      Delete
  4. this looks so fun! glad to hear you loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...