Sunday, March 10, 2013

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Pages: 361pgs

The Story

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.

The Review

OH MY GOD . . .
WHOA. WHOA . . .
WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!

Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me? Whoa! Why didn't I read this book sooner than I did? Why didn't I listen to my lovely fellow bloggers when they told me to read this amazing book series asap? Who knows really . . . but I've read it now and let's just say I was really, really blown away by it all.

OBSIDIAN was just . . . SO original. I kid you not. Everything about the storyline was solid, the action scenes were perfection, the shocking twists were spot-on and so was its characters. Each one of them. Sure, if I was being really honest here, while I found the characters drove me nuts in the best possible way in particular with Daemon's character who came off as a slight jerk-ish guy who was still so addictive (even our girl Katy was such a fiery and captivating-kick-ass character), but I was really, really impressed with this book and everything in it. Not even this review can do it justice so I'm keeping this book review short as possible because . . . blah . . . I can't even explain it.

Overall, goodbye vampires and werewolves and HELLO hot aliens! OBSIDIAN deserves every bit of praise it's been getting lately because it's everything a book should be - all fantastic things! Now I can't wait to get my hands on its next set of books! I impulsively ordered the rest of the books in fact so be prepared for more gushing book reviews to come!


The Rating
5/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. OKAY enough is enough I seriously need to read this like this instant....so many amazing reviews there have been through this blogosphere and i still haven't had time to read this series.

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I heard nothing but amazing reviews about this book and readers were telling me constantly, "READ IT ALREADY!" And I FINALLY did and I'm so glad I did too! It was amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...