Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Pages: 366pgs

The Story

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks . . .

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town . . .

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes . . .

I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies . . .

The Review

As soon as I finished the first book in the Lux series, Obsidian, I knew I had to quickly order a copy of the sequel as well because I was . . . HOOKED.

ONYX may not have won me over entirely like the first book may have done, but I still totally loved it not to mention enjoyed this book immensely because we all finally get to see an entirely different side to Daemon's character. He was no longer pushing Katy away with his over-protective and surly manner, but instead he was embracing how much he truly felt about our girl despite their new and sudden connection with each other (which would explain why Katy was hesitant about their new relationship in the first place). Anyway, I really liked that new side to Daemon. But, if I'm being honest here, I think out of everything it was the romance in this book that had really done it for me. No one who has already read this series can deny how much Daemon and Katy belong together! You just can't deny it! Katy who has grown so much in this series, especially in this book, just connected so well to Daemon and those sparks . . . damn they were so hot!

Overall, ONYX was such a pleasure to read and I'm seriously looking forward to reading pretty much anything else Jennifer L. Armentrout has for her readers and for me too! I really need more of Katy and Daemon hotness, alright?

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

5 comments:

  1. Sigh. I still need to read Jennifer's books. I've been hitting myself on the head about it because everyone says she's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same as you . . . I just needed to find out what was all the fuss about. Now I know! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel exactly the same way as you when it comes to this series. The first book was EPIC and the second was also amazing but not as epic as the first. I LOVE the romance between Katy and Daemon and OF COURSE they belong together!! I haven't read OPAL yet, I am waiting until we are a bit closer to the release of the fourth book because people said the cliffhanger is horrible. Still I am SO excited!

    awesome review,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Yeah those two characters . . . I have so many feels for them both. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the third book. There's an awful cliffhanger at the end. Just a small warning here cause it's a killer. Hehe.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I recommend this series to everyone. It just keeps getting better and better. Jennifer L. Armentrout is a genius. I've only read the one series by her and yet it is enough to put her up in my top favorite author's list and guarantee that I will buy anything she puts out.

    Cath Brookes (Skagway)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...