Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Pages: 382pgs

The Story

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.


After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

The Review

WHOA. I'm so glad I decided to read this series because it's such a thrill ride, especially this book right here! I am absolutely certain that I love Daemon for all eternity, even though he can be a very, very, very frustrating dude to handle. And, on the plus side, I am also certain that I love Katy as well because - while she can make some silly decisions on her part - but she can be a pretty amazing girl on her good days. And . . . well . . . I seriously need more of this series and I need it now, okay?

OPAL is a fantastic continuation of the Lux series and I can see why so many readers adore this series just as much as me and basically everything in it! From the storyline to its characters. So while I did have some trouble in loving Katy and Daemon's interactions with each other this time round, as they always argue and go back and forth about loving one another with the 'I love you but I don't but I do' sort of thing, but once they finally get it together and screw their heads back on . . . they actually become a great fictional couple and one that I will love til the very end. In this book especially, you can tell how much they love one another! So yay for that!

But what I loved most about this third book in the series was the cliffhanger! With the previous two books I wouldn't necessarily say there were major cliffhangers at the end of those titles, but this one is pretty MAJOR indeed. I'm telling you it was beyond cruel the ending because just when you think everything is going to plan and will be alright for the characters . . . something BIG suddenly happens and ruins it all and pretty much ruins our lives along with it. So yes, thank you dear author for now leaving me to die in waiting around for the next book. I seriously need it now! GIVE IT TO ME! Argh.

Overall, I have a lot of feels for OPAL and I'm not saying this lightly! That ending . . . damn. I need the fourth book now and I mean now, okay? My Katy and Daemon feels are going to explode if I don't get that book already. Those two . . . they need to be together without all of this mad alien, psycho drama. Just saying!

The Rating
4/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Great review Erin. I really enjoyed Opal, it wasn't my favourite in the series but still great. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...