Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Penguin

Pages: 282pgs

The Story

A tale of ambition, love and lust.
Pursued by fortune hunters, heiress Eliza Martin is the victim of diabolical scheming to get her to the altar. She won't be bullied, however, and she will get to the bottom of this plot. She needs a man to infiltrate her suitors and find the villain.
Thief-taker Jasper Bond is entirely too devilish and too dangerous - who'd believe Eliza would be seduced by a man like him? But client satisfaction is a point of pride with Jasper and it's his pleasure to prove he's just the man - for all her needs.
The Review

A big thanks to the publisher on netGalley for accepting my request in reading this book early!

Having loved Sylvia Day's Crossfire series (honestly that series is so, SO addictive), I have come across many reviews where readers suggested and recommended others books of Day's, and since I loved her writing already I thought I would love those other books as well. Unfortunately, while I don't mind reading a historical romance now and then, this book was a bit of a letdown for me.

Though the plot was well-written, had decent characters, many unexpected plot twists, and little surprising secrets spread across the entire storyline (ones of which I did enjoy), but on a whole I just couldn't find the storyline compelling enough to urge me in reading more pages of the book. Not to mention the paragraphs and the character dialogue was just . . . how should I put this . . . a little too long-winded for my own taste and I guess I was waiting for something big to happen when really . . . there was really nothing big there to begin with. At least not until the very end of the book.

Overall, PRIDE AND PLEASURE just wasn't the book for me and I would only recommend it to very selective readers. But be sure to check out Sylvia Day's Crossfire series anyway, because I absolutely love that series and couldn't recommend it enough!

The Rating
1/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of paragraphs and paragraphs of... well, nothing. Waiting for something significant to happen usually tests my patience. Sorry this didn't work for you, Erin, especially as you were a fan of this author's Crossfire series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! It was a real shame . . . but I think the Crossfire series just can't compare to anything else the author writes. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...