Sunday, July 14, 2013

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Hyperion

Pages: 368pgs

The Story

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

The Review

TIME BETWEEN US features a lovely little romance and I can see why so many enjoyed it. But as far as the story went, I wouldn't necessarily say it was one of the best time travelling stories out there that I have come across lately. At least not in the lines of my favourite films and stories such as The Lake House and The Time Traveler's Wife. It was good but not as amazing as I thought it would be like.

In terms of what I did like in the book, I quite enjoyed the romance that goes on between Bennet and Anna's characters, and what happens when time begins to interfere with each of the character's own present times. It was a well-written book in those particular aspects. But what I didn't like was the fact that the time travelling concept was more a plot motivator rather than it playing a much more important role in the book. I felt like at times the romance was over-taking the plot more than it needed to be . . . but apart from that I still thought this book was a lot of fun and quite an enjoyable read.

Overall, TIME BETWEEN US may not be a favourite book of mine, but I'm happy to have read it and I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a much lighter read.

The Rating
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...