Monday, August 12, 2013

Entwined with You by Sylvia Day

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Penguin UK

Pages: 360pgs

The Story

The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires . . .

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession . . .

The Review

I have loved Sylvia Day's Crossfire series from the get-go and quite honestly it's one of my favourite and not to mention guilty secret pleasures in life because it's just so good! So after reading the first two books in the series and just finding out that the series is no longer going to be a trilogy but rather it's going to have two more books after this third one right here, I have to say I was pretty damn excited about it, especially when it comes to reading this book and knowing the series is not quite over yet. Yup, it's pretty damn exciting indeed.

For the third installment, ENTWINED WITH YOU, while we get plenty of emotional, intense and some very hot moments going on between two of our favourite characters, Eva and Gideon, unfortunately I was really disappointed in this third book. I know! How could I be disappointed by this sexy read? Me of all people? But it happens I guess. So while we do get to know 'a little' bit more about our two leading characters, but for me personally that's how far it went for me and if I was being really honest here with you all, I felt as if the story was just same old same old, you know? No further progression. No new storyline. Instead we have more sex scenes and less of a continuation of a story, which is boring for me. So whether it was because we still have two more books to go with this series and because of that we have just a thin middle book right here . . . I guess we'll just have to wait and see and hope for more progression in the future books, which my guess would be correct considering how this book ended. Even on much smaller note.

As for the characters themselves, I still very much love Eva (even though she did run a bit wild in this book) and Gideon as I always do, and that's because they have come so far in this storyline of theirs and even though this book does set them back from time-to-time (sometimes in an annoying and come on sort of way), but in the end of it all, they have come out strong so in that sense I still love and care about them very much. However in future books, I just hope they get a break from all of this chaos going on around them and from their past secrets because sometimes it becomes too ridiculous so again I hope they catch a break soon since they deserve something good to come out of all of this. But apart from them, some of the other characters did grind on my nerves - including Eva's silly mother, but at least we have Gideon to calm our minds down or rather take our minds off the really dramatic side of things.

Overall, ENTWINED WITH YOU was still a good book but it just wasn't necessarily my favourite installment coming from the Crossfire series.

The Rating
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...