Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: EgmontUSA

Pages: 821pgs

The Story

The Changed are on the move. The Spared are out of time. The End...is now. When her parents died, Alex thought things couldn't get much worse-until the doctors found the monster in her head. She headed into the wilderness as a good-bye, to leave everything behind. But then the end of the world happened, and Alex took the first step down a treacherous road of betrayal and terror and death.

Now, with no hope of rescue-on the brink of starvation in a winter that just won't quit-she discovers a new and horrifying truth.

The Change isn't over.
The Changed are still evolving.
And...they've had help.

With this final volume of The Ashes Trilogy, Ilsa J. Bick delivers a riveting, blockbuster finish, returning readers to a brutal, post-apocalyptic world where no one is safe and hope is in short supply. A world where, from these ashes, the monsters may rise.

The Review

A big thanks to the publisher on Edelweiss for accepting my request in reading this book early!

I absolutely loved Ilsa J. Bick's Ashes book, which ended up becoming one of my favourite, favourite dystopian books of all time. Unfortunately for its sequel though, I was pretty disappointed in it. But, like any other reader I know, I still continued to hold some hope that I would come to love this series again when I got to read the author's final installment. So in saying that, I just was so pumped (not to mention so excited) to read this particular book and to also find out what happens to our fantastic mix of characters in this very scary and yet terrifying world of Bick's.

Unfortunately on my part, the last installment, MONSTER, was a major disappointment. A major disappointment. While we get a few answers to some questions I had from the previous two books and had learned some new things here and there - along with some great imagery and gory scenes that I love to love, but apart from that, this book was a huge page of words. I kid you not. This book was so freaking HUGE that I was left going, 'Whoa' with its 800 page length. It's not that I don't like huge books because I really do, but this one was a book I just wanted to end so badly and I'm surprised I got through this one to honest with you. But when you add tons of perspectives (whom I've already forgotten by now) and then add a lot of other confusing scenes . . . it just doesn't go down well for me and it ruins my enjoyment of the entire book. So it's pretty sad for me, especially since I loved the first book so much. Ah well. Guess I'll just remember the good times I had with the first book and not reflect on the rest of the series . . . and I really feel bad about that cause I love this author's writing just probably not with this book.

Overall, MONSTER was a monster in book length and by the time I finished the book I just had no clue what was going on . . . so unfortunately I have no idea what to say about this book except that I finished it and the series, and we'll just leave it at that.

The Rating
1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...