Monday, November 4, 2013

Endless Knight by Kresley Cole

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 336pgs

The Story

In the second book of the Arcana Chronicles Evie has now fully come into her powers as the tarot Empress. And Jackson was there to see it all. In the aftermath of killing Arthur, the tarot Alchemist, Evie realizes that a war is brewing between the other teens that, following the apocalypse, have been given powers and its kill or be killed.

Things get even more complicated when Evie meets Death, the mysterious, sexy Endless Knight. Somehow the Empress and Death share a romantic history - one that Evie can't remember, but Death can't forget. She is drawn to the Endless Knight, but is in love with Jack. Determined to discover why she's been granted these powers, Evie struggles to accept her place in a prophecy that will either save the world, or completely destroy it.

The Review

A big thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for sending me a review copy of this book!

It's no secret that I absolutely loved the first book, Poison Princess, in The Arcana Chronicles series and yet again I loved the second book as well though it's not so surprisingly to me. This book is just - to put it simply - such a super-awesome read (it really is) and I can't even describe how or why it's so awesome only that it is. But what I can say is that what makes this book that more extra special and what makes it so different to most paranormal reads out there is how the author incorporates everything into one little book and all its unique elements - that being the apocalypse,  the tarot cards, the warlocks, the demons, the romance, the violence . . . the list is endless and if you can't tell already I can't praise this book enough except that it rocks, and you should definitely go and read it!

ENDLESS KNIGHT, through my eyes, offered so much more compared to the first installment and that's probably why I enjoyed - and loved - it so much. While I won't get into any spoilers, but in this book there was rarely a moment that dragged on and the fact that we get even more immersed with this horrifyingly, creepy world Kresley Cole has managed to create is even more enjoyable to read, so I applaud the author for keeping me so entertained with this story because now I'm eagerly awaiting the third book as we speak . . . I seriously need it now, okay, Ms. Cole. Stat.

In terms of the characters, while the character and the main love interest of the story, Jack, did get on my nerves from time-to-time (even though I wished that he didn't but he just really annoyed me this time), but I absolutely loved Evie as our main character and I also loved how fierce she has become in this particular book . . . showing us readers just how bad-ass she can really be. What can I say? That girl is seriously someone you should not cross in any way because she could kill you if she wanted to. But unlike Jack, who I quite liked in the first book, I seriously started to crush on Death himself who is, I suppose, a potential or not-so-potential love interest. Death (who also has a real name but I don't want to spoil for you) is someone who I just couldn't help but LIKE even though he is supposed to appear as an antagonist type of character. But Death, in the end, had just really left a great impression on me and kind of reminded me of Warner from Shatter Me whom I also have a soft spot for, so whether that's makes me weird or something . . . I think he'll definitely make girls swoon!

Overall, ENDLESS KNIGHT was a fantastic sequel and definitely surpassed the first installment by far!
The Rating
5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...