Friday, December 6, 2013

Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder

Release Date: January, 2014

Publisher: HarlequinTeen Australia

Pages: 458pgs

The Story

She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat. The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.


The Review

A big thanks to the publisher on netGalley for providing me with a review copy of this book!

Even though this series wasn't my favourite series from the author, but I still have come to really enjoy Maria V. Snyder's Healer series. Well, pretty much every book of hers is always enjoyable for me, no matter the story. But in regards to this particular book, all I can say is, at least after finishing this third and last instalment of the series, is that the ending was absolutely bittersweet for me and while this book may not have been my absolute favourite out of all three books but . . . yeah that ending had certainly turned me into a giggling schoolgirl. Hehe. It was just too damn perfect to handle in a serious matter (you'll know what I mean when you come to read it).

Now in terms of the actual storyline of TASTE OF DARKNESS, I thought it was such a really good story for the most part, especially considering the way things had ended in the previous sequel (you know with the whole Kerrick being poisoned thing and his disappearing act that left readers like me in disbelief over the whole idea of it all). But yeah, the storyline was definitely what I was come to expecting from the author and with this series so I'm really glad about that. And another thing to add about this book is that it was much darker compared to the three other books in the series which I was all for because I do like a darker side to things, so with that particular element in mind I thought the author had done a brilliant job with that and I really liked that different 'feel' to the books.

Like what I already expected in this final conclusion, our two main characters, Avry and Kerrick, who were my main focus while reading this book, were pretty awesome this time round and I just completely adore their relationship together. They just have this great form of respect for one another (like with most couples in Snyder's other series) and even when they are separated in the book, there's still this great sense of hope that surrounds them as they fight their individual battles and it's just lovely to witness such a romance and friendship play out til the end. Le sigh. This book definitely gave me many Avry and Kennick feels. I can definitely tell you that!

Overall, without spoiling things, TASTE OF DARKNESS will certainly not disappoint its readers and if you're like me with the whole romance thing between Avry and Kennick, the ending will definitely have your hearts racing in a foolish fangirl sense hehe.

The Rating
4/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I can't wait to read this! The way book two ended... I definitely love Avry and Kerrick's relationship too. Bit scared about the bittersweet ending but looking forward to reading it all the same. Great review, and glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is fantastic, and the last book will have readers on edge. There were many times where I didn't see how she could wrap together all of the loose ends, but Synder magically wove a beautiful story that will leave readers very content.

    Penelope
    loranda.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...